Friday, July 18, 2014

Thank Yous
Thank you Kathy and Dan for letting us take your boat out today…in spite of our difficulties we had a great time! And the way I look at it  I was “stuck” in a small space with my children longer than I would have been if not for our engine troubles. All’s well that ends well, for us,  and I hope there are no major issues with the boat. As I sit here typing my body is still rocking back and forth a bit.

Thank you Emily for the FU cancer voodoo doll! Love it Love it! And your note, not unlike all the notes you’ve ever written me made me cry.

Thank you Andrea for going to bat for me with the doctors office.

Thank you Maria for making me laugh with a random text this morning.

Thank you Roz for the visualization.

Thank you Jenni for the reminder about all the things cancer cannot touch.

I hesitate to start thanking you by name as I don't want to leave anyone out…but you know, for sure, I thank you all. Thank you for being there for us.

And to my daily readers, I want you to know ahead of time I’m taking the weekend off. I feel good, I have good energy, I'm going to be ready on Monday to begin the fight and I'm taking all of you with me!
good night
Janet



4 comments:

  1. Janet,

    I heard just today - my thoughts (and D and N and E's) are with you.

    One thing leading to another, I'm ending the day with this poem that I just found that had me thinking of you, so I offer it to you:

    "Are you Mr. William Stafford?" - by William Stafford

    "Are you Mr. William Stafford?"
    "Yes, but...."

    Well, it was yesterday.
    Sunlight used to follow my hand.
    And that's when the strange siren-like sound
    flooded
    over the horizon and
    rushed through the
    streets of our town.
    That's when sunlight came from behind
    a rock and began to follow my hand.

    "It's for the best," my mother said ~
    "Nothing can ever be wrong for anyone
    truly good."

    So later the sun settled back and the sound
    faded and was gone. All along the streets
    every house waited, white, blue, gray;
    trees were still trying to arch
    as far as they could.

    You can tell when strange
    things with meaning
    will happen.
    I'm (still) here writing it down
    just the way it was.

    "You don't have to prove anything,"
    my mother said.
    "Just be ready
    for what God sends."

    I listened and put my
    hand
    out in the sun again.
    It was all easy.

    Well, it was yesterday.
    And the sun came,
    Why
    It came.


    Phil E-N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this week. We are all thinking of you every day. You'll do great! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janet,

    We just heard what’s going on yesterday. You should know we support you 100%. You have always been so kind and wonderful to us – please, please let us know what we can do for you!

    You’re in our thoughts and we will be reading every day. Please keep up the blogging!

    Much love,

    Eddie & Bre

    P.S. We tried to leave comments yesterday but they didn’t go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I just heard, and I am sending you lots and lots of love. You are one of the best people I have ever known. Those lemons don't stand a chance! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete