Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Good Morning
It’s so nice to have a morning where we don’t have to run out for fun or doctors…just hanging and getting caught up on things.
I had a PS to add last night, but I was just too spent. So here is an a.m. PS…

Rudy…Rudy is recovering nicely. She clearly is a trooper and since this got so bad without her complaining she certainly has a high threshold for pain, so we are giving her the doggie ibuprofen whether she asks for it or not. Mike called this morning to find out the results and they did not have it yet. 


Michael and Eva…have been awesome! cooking and cooking, cleaning and running errands. Here are some of the things they’ve done, individually or as a team: cleaned Betty’s gutters, cleaned the kitchen (more than onece!) weeded a huge patch in our front yard and then covered it in mulch from our neighbors back yard (thank you Vince and Lizzie), cleaned the deck, watered the gardens, cut down blackberry bushes, fixed the lights in the laundry room, broke down boxes for recycle, cooked and cleaned and went to the grocery store again and again and cooked some more. And most importantly, they both make me laugh, a lot! Such funny kiddos…I thank you both!

Eva had to leave yesterday morning (we miss you Eva) and Michael is staying a few more days, at least till Betty gets back on Saturday.
Such good kids! And, I’m looking forward to Maggie joining the team when she gets back from Europe. We miss her so, but her pictures and messages make me so very happy! I’m so relieved she gets at least 1/2 of her trip.

Magic Mineral Broth is awesome. When my first wave of nausea came over me yesterday evening it was perfect!!!! Warm and soothing and made with love. I had some nut crackers on the side, had to soak them a bit… too crunchy. Michael does not want me to call them nut crackers for some reason…funny boy!!

Side Effects…
The only problem I had last night at bed time, other than generally feeling a little funky, was the site of the port. It just plain hurt. They cut me open in 2 spots put a titanium port inside me and fed a tube down my jugular…hell yes, it hurts! I cannot ice it because of my sensitivity to cold. So I called the doc to get the ok on Tylenol and was able to take some. I think it helped.
But the weirdest thing is the cold, I can hardly touch anything and I need any water warmed up. Cold surfaces (a cup, a plate, the counter, the iPad) just send tingles up my fingers and it spreads across fingers I didn’t even use. So weird. It passes quickly and is not really painful, but I guess if grabbed something out of the freezer it could be pretty bad. Today I thought maybe this is where the superpower “to freeze things” came from!! So many of my girls choose that super power this spring when we were surveying “What super power would you want?” No I don’t want to be invisible, or super strong or fly…really??? I just want to be able to freeze things…thanks Disney!
The other weird thing is food texture. I cannot crunch on my back teeth. It sends weird reverberations through my jaw. So little bites of warm soft food…or tiny bits of other things, seem to be working. I’m drinking lots of tea because water out of the tap is freaky in my throat. But I still have my hair and i’m not feeling nauseous…so that is all good!

Time to get ready for the social worker and then our 2nd opinion at the Polyclinic. Wish us luck!


OK, disclosure…I am finding that I get great pleasure out of writing this blog. I do not expect anyone to read it, at least not all of my babble. You can look at how long an entry is, maybe skim it a bit..yea, she is doing ok and move on to the rest of the cyber or better yet, the real world…this is really for me, it is therapeutic and fun. And I’m happy to share with you!!

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog.....keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you expect to lose your hair like right away? So, when we see you next, you may be like a cueball? Holy cow! Conor might want to touch your head!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you healing thoughts, Janet!
    The Staleys

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking of you many times each day and sending positive and healing thoughts. Keep us in mind if anything is needed. Much love from Sally, Scott & Galen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote that you shave your head immediately and replace it with a fantastic tattoo. What a great excuse to do something you've always meant to do anyway but simply never found the time for. You'll need a custom design, though- not just some kitty-cat or a bunch of flaming-roses chosen all higgledy-piggity from a tattoo parlor sample book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check the blog several times a day and read every word - so keep it coming! Happy to hear you are listening to your body. So happy that Eva and Micheal are taking such good care of you and feeding you "nut crackers" ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a great way of writing your story, could you have learned a few things from teaching about small moments? I'm enjoying reading every little bit, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am changing my personal visualizations about you. I now send fierce, death-ray beams at Mucinex Monsters and drowned them in Magic Mineral Broth into which they were chased by Crackers with nuts for teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of love to you Janet! Thank you so much for sharing and letting us in. Hugs- lina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading everyday. Please keep it up!! Love your writing. And I love to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your stories. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reading it Auntie J!!!! Love you.....just trying to catch up!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet,
    We just found out this week about your situation. The Behar's send you love and strength! Chloe wanted me to tell you that since you survived her salmon clan years with that somewhat challenging group, that you are basically an amazing superwoman! Love you, Love you, Love you!

    ReplyDelete