Thursday, July 17, 2014

Success and Accomplishments
I played ping pong today calling back and forth between my doctor and my insurance co. The doctor insisting that they were waiting to hear back from the insurance and the insurance insisting they told the doctor that no prior authorization was needed. A little frustrating, to say the least. Finally, Dixie, my shero, from KPS heard my plea. She called the doctors office for me, straightened them out, called me back and told me they would be calling me and moving the appointment up. I asked Dixie for her cell phone number. She chuckled, I said I was kidding, but I wasn’t.

Not long after that Sharon from the doctors office called and let me know my appointments were moved from Wednesday and Thursday to Monday and Tuesday. It is only 2 days difference…not really a big deal, but it feels monumental! And it feels like a success and an accomplishment, my first of many on this road.

But, the highlight of the day was eating with Mike, Maggie and Eva at the taco truck on Fauntleroy, binoculars in hand, watching Michael inspect the tower crane behind Trader Joe’s. It was so cool. We were sitting at their table on stools, applauding and cheering at each up and down and turn he made. It reminded us of watching him play ball for so many years…”Go Michael!” “Woo Hoo!” Part of his job involves crane inspections, and it just so happened he had one to inspect in West Seattle. We wanted to tell the people in the taco truck and everyone else walking by (“Hey, that’s my son up there inspecting that tower crane!” “That’s my baby boy!”) We resisted the urge, but enjoyed ourselves quite a bit.

For the next three days I think I get to relax a bit. My appointments are set, my treatments are authorized. I’m hoping to talk to the social worker to get a few extra supports lined up, but mostly, I’m going to enjoy these last 3 days before I start my new job.

So, again, thank you all. Many of you, I know are having trouble leaving comments, no worries. I know you are out there and I appreciate all your positive thoughts, energy and prayers.

Love and good night to you all.
Janet



2 comments:

  1. I now look forward to this blog more than my morning coffee. Love it.
    Stay strong sister. Stay strong!!
    Love,
    Wee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Get em Janet! Two days is progress. And it could make a difference. Plus it's just good practice for next appointments.

    ReplyDelete