Thursday, July 24, 2014

so far so good

I know lots of you are having trouble posting on the blog…i get texts and emails everyday. I know some of you have google accounts and still can’t post. If you have a google account…have you registered with this blog? I think that is what you have to do.
If some of you savvy posters want to share tips…go for it. 
I also know some of you want to keep your comments private to me and I am just fine with your texts and emails. And I know you don’t always expect a reply from me, which is great, cause it is a good problem I have…having this much love and support.

Also, when Mike officially asked why can’t people post here is what the tech folk said…maybe you speak this language…my guess is if you can you are already posting!!! Ha!

any he said…
Comments (especially using the embedded form) are sensitive to both cookie and script filters.  You (your readers) may need to enable (stop filtering) "third party cookies", in your (their) browser and on your (their) computer.  That's the most common solution, overall - but you (they) may have to search for other filter(s) that affect your (their) use of Blogger / Google.

You can have a filter:
1. In a native browser feature.
2. In a browser add-on.
3. In a security feature, on the computer.
4. In a network device.
Please, note that any and all filters must be set properly.  If you have more than one filter (cookie or script) affecting access to Blogger, all filters must be set properly, before an improvement will be seen.

Now back to me…
Yesterday we had 2 appointments; Social Worker and Dr. Chen with a second opinion.
The social worker was a very sweet young woman, Lauren. She was kind and dear and is working on getting us some resources around parking vouchers (cause…damn!) and we found out we just get some amount of money because I have stage 4 cancer…who knew!! She is also finding out about some hair/hat things for me and perhaps some resources there for guided meditation.  She offered other kinds of therapy/support any of the 4 of us might need alone or together. It is good to know it is there.

Our second opinion was with Dr. Chen at the Polyclinic. He was so lovely and kind and sweet. He had treated my brother in law who passed away last summer and we were sharing funny Terry stories. When I asked him if I could have a scan, right then and there, because I was quite sure Dr. Kaplan had killed all the cancer the day before, he said I sounded like Terry…always wanting a scan. He was lovely. He agreed completely with Dr. Kaplan, however. As reassuring as that is, it would be nice to also have something new to chew on. He says he absolutely would not start with radiation or surgery, that chemo is how he would have gone as well. He agreed with the 6 week run prior to another scan. So, it is reassuring, but no new ideas…

Last night the lovely Westermans fed and entertained us until they had to go pick up their niece at the airport. Thank you Eddie and Marti for dinner and laughs and thoughtful stories. 

So, I still have my hair…Gillian and Shelly…I should have it another week or two, when it starts coming out I shall have it shaved, somehow, somewhere. I have no plans for tattoos of any kind right now. I’m at my needle maximum! 

I have a good appetite and am eating quite healthily. Good healthy food!
I am not throwing up! My first night home from chemo I felt some nausea and was very toasted. But since then I’ve had only mild waves of nausea that some magic broth has taken care of!
I’ve gone from being ale to say I am taking no medication to not even being able to begin to recite for you my list…no way! Oh well…you do what you have to do!
Mike had to wrap my incisions in cling wrap but I was able to take a shower! Life is good!
so far so good!

My most recently graduated salmon clan has had, all summer long, an open invitation for anyone to show up at EC Hughes park on Thursday evenings. This park happens to be 1/2 block from our house. So this morning, feeling chipper I put it out there that I’d love to visit before I loose my hair and start feeling icky. We had a great turn out and it was lovely to see so many smiling, happy people! That is just what the doctor didn’t, but should have ordered! Love my wee little salmon!

Ok, Mariners are on…Michael made me Bella’s Carrot, Orang, and Fennel Soup using the Magic Mineral Broth…I have a date with my boys.
Over and out and love to you all!



4 comments:

  1. So happy to see you today. Marcus and Tala loved your hugs. They keep you in their prayers for healing everyday since we found out. Continue to visualize those mucinex monsters packing up shop. It's amazing what the mind can do. We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we organize a group head shaving??? :) Ok, now I'm officially obsessed with the hair loss. Does that make me shallow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming to the park yesterday, it meant a lot to us and to Cleome to see youo. Thanks also for sharing your journey with us in this blog. We are sending positive thoughts to you and thinking about you often. Much love and healing energy to you!

    ReplyDelete