Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It’s the bad kind
I’m sorry to say, really sorry to say, I do not have better news to report tonight. We are all kind of numb here, tonight.
Bottom line, it’s bad. Stage 4 stomach cancer spread to my liver through my blood. I can’t believe I’m saying this about myself. I am perfectly healthy (other than this little detail). I have my appetite, I am sleeping well, I’m having a great time with my family. Really my planter fascists is bothering me more than my stomach. It is really hard to believe. But it is real, so…
Next step: later this week I’ll have a heart test that will test the strength of my heart, which I know is really strong.
Then, I’ll be scheduled to put in a port and that same day I’ll start chemo.
The doc is not sure this chemo will work, but we have to wait 6 weeks to take the next scan to find that out. I will have 2 IV chemo treatments, 3 weeks apart and take daily chemo pills. So for six weeks we’ll be praying for that miracle. If that does not work, we’ll try a different kind of chemo. I’m counting on it working, because it might and it can, so it will.
So I will take all those positive thoughts and prayers of any kind. However you put that good stuff out, send some my way. 

Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts, words and prayers.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet. I am so sad for this news. Sending love and hugs. We are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - you are a very strong woman with the most loving family anyone could ask for. If anyone can get through this, you can. We love you and are sending nothing but positive thoughts your way every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. WWAD? Please check out this treatment: https://www.google.com#q=sodium+bicarbonate+and+stage+4+cancer+gone+with+baking+soda.
    You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I seems to work pretty quickly.

    Dr. Lucinda Messer is a practicing naturopathic oncologist in Kirkland, Washington http://drlucinda.com/contact-us/

    I will not lose my Auntie J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Auntie J!!! You have been such a positive ray of sunshine throughout my entire life!!! You are like my mom and stronger then anyone I know. This will be a hiccup in your life and you will come out on the othrrside even stronger. I love you so much!! If you need anything or just to talk and laugh or cry you can call me 24/7

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I curse? Damn, damn, damn. You know what I really want to say, don't you? Ok. Now, I expect you, Mike, Maggie, Michael to reach out for any damn little thing you need - escape to Beveridge place, dinner here, mow the lawn, do a load of laundry - anything. We're here for you. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet - Your words of hope and inspiration are awe-inspiring. Your fan club in Colorado is cheering really, really, really loud for you. We have your back!
    Love and well wishes,
    Wee Wee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for writing this. You are a brilliant writer. I am on my knees to the creator for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so, so loved. Thank you for letting us in and letting us be here with you. I will keep closely posted, look for opportunities to help, support, give to you as you have given to everyone who you have know over these years. We are all ready to give some loving' back to you. Lina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just learning of all that has happened and so appreciate your lovely blog and positive attitude. You have given so much love to so many over the years, we know that it will be returned many times over by the community that you helped build. We look forward to seeing you soon and in the meanwhile we are there for anything you need. And good for you for taking control. It sounds like you've gotten great care but sometimes the system needs a poke. Much love from Mike and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, hey, hey,
    Blogs are great for keeping us posted. Writing is good. We are your ears. We are with you and your familia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not sure why it put Peanut Sprout
    as my name. The last comment is actually from Katie Guenther (Chase and Callan's mom) :)

    ReplyDelete