Friday, July 25, 2014

It’s Friday

Physically I'm feeling pretty good today but cancer is making me sad. I don’t want to not go to work. Like I told Jennifer today I want to go to work and complain about how hard my job is! It seems like such a luxury. But we have a good plan with a great sub in the works and I’m feeling great for her and the kids…and I know she’ll let me give her guidance if I’m up for it. And she couldn’t be going into a more supportive environment. Everyone wants her to succeed…so, its good, but it just makes me sad.

The weather has worked perfectly for me this week. After my procedure and first dose of chemo the rainy cold weather for a couple of days was perfect. And today, the sun came out! Mike, Rudy, Gertie and I had a nice walk around the neighborhood. I’m giving myself just a day or two more until I get back downstairs, or outside to get a little more vigorous exercise.

My nausea continues to be mild at most and only once or twice daily. A couple rice crackers, dried apricots, and/or magic broth takes care of it pretty quickly. So, I’m feeling really blessed for that. Mike told me last night I had a good appetite. I told him if he’d said that a month ago I would have smacked him! But now, I get an atta girl for my appetite! The upside of cancer?

The effect of the cold on my hands and feet is becoming less of a problem. I can’t drink cold yet, little pebbles run down my throat if I do, but our instant hot water mixed with tap water is the magic there. I can actually touch things in the kitchen without tingling! We’ll call that progress.

Off and on in my life I’ve been troubled by restless knee syndrome. This has intensified every night and moved to my hips as well. Last night I had some pretty good aches in my bones. I took some tylenol and it helped and it is better today. I imagine, like restless knee, it will creep up when I’m tired…I can manage that.

A little more normalcy for the boys today; Michael went to work all day. Mike went into work and talked to them about medical leave. I cleaned a bit and putzed around paperwork downstairs. Make came home and played with wood while I took a nap. 

Yesterday we had no word from Maggie, she was in a no wifi zone, but today we got a snapchat with Maggie in a darling hat at the beach, I had an email and then the girls showed up on facebook…so adorable and happy…medicine for the momma!

Next week we go to the naturopathic nutritionist and for all of you who have offered to cook for us, I’ll have more information about the foods I should eat and those I should avoid. Thank you all so much for all your offers!
I continue to feel so much and support and love from all of you. You are amazing and a positive force of love.

So, no big news is good right? I’m taking the weekend off from the blog. So I’ll see you next week.

Love to you all
Janet



2 comments:

  1. Love you Auntie J! Its 110% ok to feel sad. Let those feelings be there. You are an awesome teacher and will be back with your kids in due time. Have a wonderful day. Love the Gilroys in Florida : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, first things first. You have my word that we will do all we can to support your sub...I'm already planning to spend every Friday afternoon in there, so you can let her/him know that. We've got both of your backs! No one can replace you, this we know. But I agree with James, let yourself be sad and feel those emotions. Also, HORRAY for the lack of nausea...looking forward to hearing what the naturopath nutrionist says. xoxoxoxo -Jenni

    ReplyDelete