Monday, December 8, 2014

It’s about thyme, again!
Jennifer was over yesterday and had not read the blog but smelled the thyme in the diffuser as soon as she walked in. “Mmmmm, what is…oh is that the stuff Ruth read about on the blog?” and then she started laughing. (She is laughing at us, Ruth!) She said I had to come on the blog and confess that I’m not completely healed that it did not have immediate transformative powers like Sylvester’s Magic Pebble. Ok, I still have some congestion and a sore throat each morning from mouth breathing all night, but really, I do attribute a good deal of my swift and marked improvement to the thyme oil!

At dinner last night Betty said she went to PCC and asked for thyme oil. The woman looked at her and said, “You are the 8th person this week to ask for thyme oil! We’ll order some!” Could that be you guys? So funny!

I’m trying to learn the pacing myself lesson. I did better this weekend. We had one big event and that was all I could muster. We met old friends on Bainbridge for a lovely dinner at Kathleen and Simon’s home. It was great to reconnect, reminisce and catch up before the holidays kick into full swing. 

I’m feeling ok, just the lingering bits of a cold left to deal with, but I have plenty of thyme!!!

Be here now...now the sun is trying to cut through and is shining brightly on the Douglas fir outside my window... that is now!

love,

Janet

3 comments:

  1. Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. How many times did Janet's name come up out and about in West Seattle this weekend? Hmmm, I can think of four separate times; Once with the lovely Roz who I had not seen in quite a while. Once with Danielle. A couple of times when I mentioned your name (as I do) during our prayer for healing at Kol HaNeshamah -- Friday night and Saturday morning (double dose). Once with the Orlins. Hmmm -- there are a lot of West Seattlites sending you good ju-ju (only some are Jewish so pardon the ju-ju pun :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that Eddie! You made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter. Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete