Wednesday, December 17, 2014



good morning
Just a short update to let you all know that chemo came off without a hitch, uneventful, as it should. So no surprises, no real news. Dr. Kaplan mentioned xeloda and thought we might discuss going back to it. I’m sure he read may face when he quickly said, “Maybe not just before Christmas, maybe next time, after the new year.”  yeah…for sure not now. I mentioned waiting until after the next scan (now scheduled for January 22) and he liked that idea. I go in for my next chemo on Jan 6. The question now: Is it harder to take the xeloda (less of a dose, I’m assuming) and worry about the xeloda or is it harder to wait until Jan 22 and find out that not enough is happening with the epirubicin and oxalaplatin, without their poisonous little buddy, xeloda. I think I’ll leave it up to the master Doctor, but it is a little troubling either way. We’ll cross that bridge on Jan. 6, until then there are holidays to celebrate!

Happy Hanukkah my friends! I believe last night was the first night…enjoy your family and friends during this time of celebration!

Betty took off this morning for Kansas City to celebrate with her family…Merry Christmas and love to all of you!! Betty flies back Christmas day so will be here in the evening with us. In the meantime that means we get Gertie! 

I’m supposed to take it easy these next few days after chemo, it is not in my nature as if you don’t know that by now, but it is a lot easier with a little pup to snuggle with! Move over, Gertie! Here I come!

With love and light as we move toward the Winter Solstice,

Janet


This is a sweet picture of Gertie (on the left) and Rudy (on the right),
last Christmas with their Christmas rug and sock monkey.
Gertie always looks sad when Betty is gone and Rudy always just barely tolerated all of us!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terry, It's shaping up to be a Merry one! Enjoy the season! and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete