Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Busy Holidays
and Happy Friday, too!
Hello friends, this is my sweet week, the week I should feel the best; the week furthest from my last chemo and closest to my next. Fortunately I am getting on the right side of this cold as fast as I think anyone can. I hear out there in the real world that this cold is one that lingers. Unfortunately, I have some lingering congestion and am having trouble sleeping. It is also leaving me with even less and less energy.

More than one friend who has experienced cancer and chemo warned me about the limited energy I would be able to muster. But, surely that wouldn’t apply to me! I am a woman of great determination and stamina!! I have powered through many a long day of kindergarten followed by an evening event at school followed by another day of kindergarten. Surely this thing you call cancer won’t get the best of  me…

Famous last words. I really do have limited energy! I am not a super human.  I have to admit it and live accordingly. Today I am NOT sweeping the house and doing bills because I AM going to the store. When I first woke this morning I thought I might do both…silly girl! I did work out a bit downstairs, the first time since the cold hit, so not too rigorous. Working out a bit and doing my PT and stretches has to be my number one priority each day and it is really not in my nature, but I think of it as part of the medicine I have to take and just do it (most of the time).

We have a big weekend. Michael and Eva are coming up and Michael’s best buddy Zack is coming in from Alaska with his girlfriend Ali. I have not seen Zack since before summer, we have some catching up to do. We have a traditional family breakfast gathering tomorrow and Christmas tree shopping. Seahawks game on Sunday. I’ll not be able to do it all, I have to pace myself and stay well so I can get chemo next week and then be well to celebrate Christmas with the family on Christmas Eve.

Have a great weekend!
wishing you good health and lots of love

janet

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Keara was born and I, the supremely organized and competent person I am, would make detailed lists of everything I was going to get done. It didn't take long for me to realize I could make lists but if I got one thing crossed off, that was a victory. The floors will wait. The bills? Later. Enjoy your family and have a marvelous weekend! Go Hawks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, with babies, getting out of pajamas was a major goal of the day! ha! I remember! Thanks Karen!
    Great game yesterday...Go Hawks :)

    ReplyDelete