Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Getting Stronger Everyday!

Good report from the doc today. He is very happy with how well I'm doing. Unbeknownst to me, I had a scan during the first week of my hospital stay, so I'll not be having another one just yet.  The plan is to start with an infusion of chemo next Tuesday if I'm up for it. I think he'll use the same infusion as before but to leave off the daily oral Zeloda. He's still not convinced that is the culprit, but it seems the most likely. So, I'll keep trying to eat a little more food and a little more variety a bit at a time and get strong enough to start back at it next week.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my week off. Kathy and I watched 2 movies this nice, cool, grey afternoon. We watched The Trip and The Station Agent. A great relaxing afternoon. I started a new book this week, too, All The Light We Cannot See. This book was a gift from Peggy Brentlinger that I received right after diagnosis, very early this summer. Thanks Peggy, it is beautiful! Love it!

So this is vacation week. I'm getting stronger and having more energy each day, so hopefully by the end of the week Kathy and I might get to venture out of the house for a few adventures, at least in West Seattle.

I'll sign off for the week and pick back up over the weekend or early next week.
Thanks to you all for all the support that has come to us so generously and in so many ways.
Love to you all!
Janet




2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet: I'm so glad Eva had a birthday cake! :-) And that you are eating Mouse Bites and sipping Mouse Sips, as I used to call them when Eva was little and allowed to eat again after being sick. Enjoy every morsel :-) ...betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Amy, Jenny, and I were there to have a girls night in. So glad my moms there though. Big sisters are pretty great. I should know :) Love you lots. Hope to see you soon. Hugs from Hunter too.

    ReplyDelete