Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Found the ladder!!
Can't wait to share my good news with you all.
Yesterday, as you know, I was on clear liquids and my gut was quiet and calm and healing all day! This morning Dr. Kaplan came in, he agreed it was just a little set back and wanted to move me up the tiny little ladder to full liquids.  I said I was hoping to move to the next level, low residue, because full liquids really just adds lots of dairy and I really didn't want much dairy. I told him I could make better choices off the low residue menu. He said that sounded smart and a good idea...so low residue it is. I told him I was shooting for Friday, and he said that sounded good too! So...smart food choices (NO wheat, little dairy).  I feel like I found the medium ladder! Not to the top yet, but headed that direction!

Low residue is basically really low fiber. No raw fruits or veggies, no beans, nuts or seeds, few whole grains. What I can have is white rice, mashed potatoes, applesauce, canned peaches, yogurt, scrambled eggs, some meats, ice cream, pudding. Betty brought be some organic applesauce and canned peaches, mashed potatoes from PCC, some rice pudding and yogurt. I'm going to order some rice from the menu and add almond milk that Betty brought. Tonight I may try small bits of cut up chicken, definitly need that protein.  Can you tell I'm hungry!!! I woke at 4:00 to with a hungry headache! I think that's a good sign! My body is trying to work right!

And now for the best news, yes I had a little real poo this morning!

Thank you all for your extra positives yesterday. It was hard to stay focused and positive through that set back! But we did it!!
See you soon and love to you all!
Janet

4 comments:

  1. GO JANET GO!!
    Love, Wee Wee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now this is the best poo I ever heard about! Lots of the things on that list are yummy and satisying enough to stay away from the evil grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your diet is just like June's! I make a really good vegetable puree, if you're interested. :) And maybe you can teach her how to eat meat; she's not interested.

    ReplyDelete