Friday, September 26, 2014

Good morning!
I'm acutely aware that as I lay here there are several angels getting ready to clean my house. First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you. But, you all know that I am a bit of a control freak, so,this is really freaking me out!! Cancer is one hard core teacher and letting go is one of the lessons. All I really want to do is apologize to all of you in my house for any clutter and extra work you find but I'll try to let it go and just thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We appreciate any thing you get to and please don't worry about anything that does not get done. Extra thanks to Gillian for organizing this...good luck over there!!

Update...I'm feeling pretty good. I've had an extra fabulous nurse the last couple of evenings/nights and she has helped work my anti-D and sleep meds to be more effective. I'm only taking lomotil a few times a day, taking Ativan by IV for sleep so no ambian to potentially upset my gut. And then starting last night at 4:00am she gave me the tincture of opium which is a strong anti-D med. Now, so far today, no D!!!! She and I were very excited that we might have come upon the right schedule and combo so my gut can finally heal completely!  Hope.....

This morning early Dr. Kaplan came in, likes the progress and has put me down for 3 more days of the same. So, I plan to be here all weekend with no food to finish healing this poor sad gut of mine. He talked about a potential scan early next week to check and see how the cancer cells have been doing during this time of healing. So, I have a long weekend ahead of me! I'm open for visitors. We can't have flowers up here and I can't eat so you can just drop in for a few minutes to say hey....that would be great! Hope to see some of you!

So happy Friday everyone! Have one for me, moonshine committee, I'll be thinking of you!
Love to you all
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Janet - so good to hear from you again! Gus had an allergy appointment next to Swedish Thursday morning and I sent a shout-out to you…hope you heard it. No more D! No more D! No more D! Let's just all chant that, shall we? Hugs to you! Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if my posts are getting through but wanted to say that we are right here and praying for you every day. I have shared your blog with my sister Pattie in CA who has PanCan and I read often. This should not be happening. You're holding us up, which seems contrary, by keeping us laughing, thinking, worrying and realizing that the little things in life are what life is really all about. You are loved.
    Teresa and Steve/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily G said it so well, it is a gift that you asked for the help at the house. When we all arrived, we looked around and said, hey, this house is clean! We went for it anyway, and spiffed things up a bit. Everyone had a great time, connecting, chatting, listening to music, and feeling we were part of a big network of support - every little bit of the web of support is doing its own thing to hold y'all up - and everyone is soooo very appreciative of the opportunity to help. I'm not sure you can see it, but you are helping your network by letting folks in to help with this or that little thing - see you're still in charge!!! We're so glad you were able to let us in to give a little hand. Now, get on home, already!

    ReplyDelete