Monday, September 29, 2014

Good day to you all!
The progress continues! Today I'm eating food...real food!!! I had some scrambled eggs for breakfast and grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for lunch...like a real person.
This implies (and this will be my last poo report) that I am going real poo! Enough said!!!

So now it is a matter of time. They halved my "feed bag", and I'm completely off anti-D meds! I only took a .5 whatever of Ativan at bed time, no other meds at all (I'll miss you tincture of opium!!).
I asked the doc when I might go home and he said Wednesday or Thursday!!! Today is exactly the three week mark, so I really am more than ready to head out and all the way back to west seattle!

My sister Kathy is planning to come up from Boulder for a few days, at least, to help us out at home. Mike and Maggie can continue to work and I'll have a keeper to make sure I do not over do it, and we'll a grand time as well! I'm looking forward to hanging out with her, for sure!

On the cancer front, Dr. Kaplan said today that we'll do nothing this week. Any scan I would take would require a nasty beverage or dye that would give me, guess what?  Yep, diarrhea. So no talk of cancer this week. I imagine next week or very soon we'll have to find out what is going on in there. I was convinced for a while that the chemo was definitely still at work, but now, I have no idea what is going on in there, and we'll just have to wait and see. Roz has kept the butterflies on the job, and I'm open to all your prayers in any form you might offer them, thanks!

This weekend was awesome and exhausting!! Thanks to all my visitors, it was so great to see you and get caught up! But it did wear me out! Last night after I booted the family out I just sat in my chair here for a few minutes with my head in my hands...my nurse Kate came in and was worried to see me like that...no, I'm great!! Just happily tired! So,thank you all, that will carry me far!
Love to you all, see you soon in west seattle!
Janet

4 comments:

  1. Love hearing all this great news with food and poo and all the stuff that make us feel normal and good.
    Sending love!!! I'd love to bring you some healing soup if I may. Let me know your favorite kind and it will be over when you let me know.
    hugs, love and more healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read the great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, Dear Janet,

    I'm hoping this post comes through as my other attempts have failed...Marcy just sent me the link to your blog and I'm reading thru it from beginning to today. Absolutely, you are making lots of lemonade these days...out of some pretty sour lemons.

    I would love to come visit with some homemade applesauce and soup tomorrow if that's possible and/or you are up to visitors Tuesday afternoon. Let me know when/where and I'll be there!

    Many hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear this good news! :-) ...betsy

    ReplyDelete