Friday, January 22, 2016

Radiation Consultation
This afternoon Mike and I met with the Interventional Radiology Physician Assistant, nice guy, named Paul. The short story is that it sounds like a very potential good option for me. Sometimes it is done in conjunction with systemic chemo, sometimes chemo is prescribed a little later, sometimes there is no chemo involved; that would be up to Dr. Kaplan. I’ve emailed him and will most likely hear from him this weekend.

If it is radiation alone, and all goes well, it really would be so much better than having to do chemo…for so many reasons. BUT…I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch, I’m not getting my hopes up and I’m just going to take it one step at a time. I don't even want to spell out the details yet, it seems too soon. All that being said…I’m hopeful!

As anyone at school can tell you my spirits are up, I am feeling really good and healthy and taking this all one day at a time. I have a number of school stories I want to share, but not right now…now that I’m home and fed and it’s Friday night, I’m feeling the week and ready to call it a day. I’ll blog when I hear from Dr. Kaplan.

Good night, sweet dreams, and lots of hope and love.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment