Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Greetings from first grade,
Yesterday I gave my kids the update about my health, explained the radiation treatment and drew a diagram. I started by telling them where there liver is located, under their ribs, and how the ribs are there to help protect their organs. Then, when I started talking about my liver, someone mentioned that some people eat liver. I made it clear that people don’t eat human liver, they might eat cow or chicken liver. There was talk about how yucky liver is to eat and we talked about how it is a filter, like a water filter, for the blood in our body and how important it is to stay healthy to help our liver. Then someone mentioned how yummy ribs are, and we all agreed, those of us who have eaten ribs…yes, liver is yucky and ribs are yummy. 
My very dear, Aliza, went home and gave her family a lesson along with an illustration and labels. I just have to share this.




There is my hepatic artery along with the 3 branches into the liver and the beads of radiation.
Aliza gets an A++++!


These guys crack me up!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Nicely done, Aliza! She now knows more than I do about livers - except that part that they are yucky to eat! I love where these 6/7 year old conversations take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting caught up on your blog!!! Just wanted you to know how much I love you!!! I'm not good at knowing how to help so help me😘 I would love to see you and Mike so let me know when you have some time. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete