Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A short~mid-week~update

I'm feeling fine...great, actually. If I did not know there was cancer in there I would never know there was cancer in there!
Last time I had to deal with health leave and long term subs and the details and paper work involved it was summer and I had time! Dealing with this, while teaching full time...well, let's just say, I have 2 jobs now. In spite of that, I really do feel fine.
I have good energy.
I am mostly happy and enjoying my days with my kids (probably more because I know they are numbered).

Friday at 4 I have an appointment with a radiologist to talk about a procedure that may (or may not) be a good choice for me. It is called Y90 and has something to do with blood vessels and "seeds" of radiation ??? Mike googled it and read it to me and it sounds weird, but, we'll see. Amazing what they can do these days. My good Dr. Kaplan said I may or may not be a candidate, he trusts this doctor (Andrews) has had 2 good long conversations with him and we'll just see. If not...well, it will most likely be chemo.

ok, it's a school night. I'm off to bed.

Thanks to all who are sending texts, emails and love in many forms...I got the coolest lift the flap card from Ayana today (one of my former students) so, very, very sweet! I'm telling you, being around kids you love and love you back...it really can't get more healing and supportive.

ok, ok, that is enough for now

lots of love, good night and sweet dreams...
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment