Friday, January 15, 2016

dammit
it’s back

There is no nicer way to say it, really. 
There are actually many other ways to say it and I just deleted a bunch of them. Dammit is good enough for my blog. You can read between the lines.

Just 5 or 6 spots on the liver, scattered about.
Dr. K has not decided exactly the course of treatment, I just had the scan today, so I’m glad he is taking his time and looking into it.
but
what is for sure is I need to go back on leave and I’m just so sad to leave my kids.
I’m not sure when and for how long. I’m sure soon is part of the answer. The other thing I know is I will fight this off again, I just can’t do it and lead a normal life at the same time. That is mutually exclusive.

I have a 3 day weekend to cry with my family and drink wine and eat all the foods that are not salty that I love. Then I will go back to work for at least a week, maybe 2 if I’m lucky and then I will be ready to battle.

We know how to do this, we did it before, we’ll do it again.
Thank you all,

Janet

13 comments:

  1. I'm so damned sorry. This is just wrong. You will fight it because you are astonishingly brave and committed. Your lovely children will be fine without you. The rest of Pathfinder will take care of them. Time again to take care of you. love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth, it is wrong and I just continue to be more and more pissed about what this cancer is interrupting!
    my life!! I will fight it and the wee ones are fine and will be fine. I feel very selfish in my intense desire to keep teaching. As difficult and trying as that job is it is so very satisfying and I love it. I'm just so sad to leave it.
    Thanks Ruth, I know you will help the sub learn those 4 big math things first graders need to know and support them in many ways. You are so good at your job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate hearing this Janet! I am sorry you may not get to finish the school year But you are right....you need to fight this 100%. Prayers being said and sending you positive thoughts. Love you!💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Marsena. I have lots and lots of support and this is a small amount of cancer compared to last time...just gotta do it again! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally sucks and I am sorry to hear this news. You are brave and strong and vibrant. Those traits are bigger part of what you are, much bigger than cancer. Sending you big hugs and powerful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet I am so, so sorry to hear the awful news. You pushed through it once so I definitely know you can do it again. Janet please don't let cancer take away such an AWESOME, WONDERFUL K-1 teacher. I really hope you defeat this awful sickness. And I know I will be on your side fighting with you along with the salmon. - Kritsana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn- really sorry to hear this -and just as you're getting back into the swing of things. Well, you can use all the yucky winter weather time to do the hard work. Thinkin of you. oooxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double damn...
    Thoughts and prayers headed your way. You can do this!
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the previous post that contained the words, "brave, strong, and vibrant". We are all here sending healthy energy to you and Mike, and the rest of the family.

    The Salmon are always swimming, love Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love you so strong lady/mama/teacher/leader/inspiration. Hugs and warmth to you and your family right now, we are here with you.
    lina and scott

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all, I am feeling really strong and healthy. I am equipped to go into this as best I can and I appreciate all your love and support. Mike, Michael and Maggie appreciate you all, too. We could not do this alone. We are so blessed to have you all.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dammit. We are all with you/behind you/beside you. Go get it. XOXOXO

    Jodi and family

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn!!!! I just checked back in and read this!! Love you Auntie J!!

    ReplyDelete