Friday, August 15, 2014

My Kansas Cousins
I have such a sad story that I’m needing to share. You can always find a story that puts your life in perspective. I’m just sorry that the story involves my Kansas cousins. 
My cousin Susan and her husband Harlan raised their kids on a working farm in Lyons, Kansas. We only got out there to visit a few times when my kids were growing up and we always had a great time.
Now their children have grown up and their eldest Emily recently moved back with her husband Sean to have their first baby. Little Patton was born about 11 days ago. Only hours after his birth he had a serious stroke. They lowered his temperature and they put him on life support, they prayed and doctored him as best could be. He was clearly not meant for this world. But I know from FaceBook that little Patton affected many, many people, but none more than the potential 12 babies he might save with the donations he was able to offer and his young parents were generous, brave and courageous enough to give. He was a miracle that is providing many more miracles. I am overwhelmed with their generosity.

I was so sad to come home from the hospital and have to unpack from a trip to Ireland that had to be cancelled. but to come home and have to unpack from your first born. It puts it into perspective.


Today I take pause from my struggles and focus on little Patton and his brave family. I wish I could be there to help hold you all up. You are amazing and we are thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. My dad, sad to say, will soon be joining Patton on the whatever-comes-next journey, and I will tell him to keep his eyes out for this lovely little baby. They are connected because Janet and I are great friends, so the people we love are also connected. May they both find the peace they deserve, and may they play endless games of peek-a-boo together.

    ReplyDelete