Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Well, how to begin...

The short story is the picnic is cancelled...

For some reason, probably inflammation from the procedure Monday, I'm experiencing heart failure....again. The procedure did go well, he thinks he got it all, but here we are with another bump in the road. 

Yesterday I was lightheaded and had low blood pressure. Dr. Osnis, who did the procedure on Monday, had me come in yesterday to rule out internal bleeding, which he did. Today when I got up my blood pressure continued to be low. I was feeling less light headed but my weight has been going up steadily which could mean I was retaining fluids since I haven't had much of an appetite or much to eat since the procedure. I was also in more pain today. I called my cardiologist and he sent me to the hospital. So, here I am, at Cherry Hill in the cardiac unit. The plan is to get the fluids out of me, which I might have been able to do at home if my blood pressure was not already so low. Then they'll work on the right combo of heart meds to keep the fluids in balance and regain my heart functioning. They are saying it is mild, I caught it early, so I plan on recovering quickly like I did last month. 
But it will take 2-4 days in the hospital, which means no picnic for us. 

I have a reservation, all paid for, so if anyone wants to plan a function for Friday afternoon/evening at Lincoln Park, let me know. You could pick up the reservation page and have a party! It's a great shelter! 

I really am optimistic that I will bounce back quickly from this. It's another bump to go over and loop to go through, but I am determined to get to the other side. 

Love to you all from Cherry Hill,
Janet

6 comments:

  1. You are amazing Aunt Janet!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Aunt Janet!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet - So sorry to hear about this bump in the road. We know all to well about these. But, one thing for sure we know... These doctors know how to fix these. You are always in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hugs hugs and more hugs from the Roses. Thinking of you and cannot wait to see you, lots of love,
    Lina, Scott, Jesse and licks from Bodhi too

    ReplyDelete
  5. We heartily support you in your recovery. Pun intended. We love youl

    ReplyDelete