Friday, August 21, 2015

Hospital update...
Still here and doing ok.
They are getting my fluids balanced and so far able to get me back on two of the three heart meds...which is a good thing. The meds will help my heart heal, give it the crutch it needs to get stronger. They'll wait a little longer to give me the third med. Today they gave me two units of blood, which I'm hoping will help me feel stronger and more energetic. I had to be closely monitored during that process so I did not over load with fluids, it is a true balancing act! Thank you to all who donate blood, it is a precious thing.

Both Dr. Mignone (head of the heart failure unit) and Dr.  Kaplan (you know who that is!) say they are fine with me going back to work on time as long as I feel up to it. They are all impressed with how quickly I'm recovering (again). I am living in the optimistic spot that I will continue to improve quickly and be back in class on September 9th. That gives me more than two weeks.

That will be a big day, a great day, and I think that is what I really need to make my heart heal❤️

Lots of love,
Janet

10 comments:

  1. Love you Auntie J!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Auntie J!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in excellent hands, Janet. We all know that Kap is the best, and Dr. Mignone took care of my mom for three months last year. He is personable, caring and brilliant! His nurse, Rebecca Linde, is top notch. You have two of the best Doctors I know and you'll come out of this stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of love to you janet!
    lina, scott, jesse and little bodhi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you love, prayers and one big hug! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, your heart could never fail. It might get a little wounded, but it is too strong and too full to fail. Keep strong. Lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending our love Janet!
    Kathy, Gregor & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending big love, big hugs and all of our positive vibrations!
    Love,
    Lisa, Steve, Ryan & Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers and positive thoughts as your heart continues to heal. Love you!😊💗👍. Matsena

    ReplyDelete