Saturday, August 8, 2015


Good Morning
We received approval from the insurance company and my ablation is scheduled for August 17th. The timing is pretty good…if I give my self two weeks for recovery from the pain that puts me right at the week of August 31. Pathfinder staff is officially due back to work that week so, I should be ready to go. Of course as  my teacher friends know it takes a little more time to get a classroom ready, especially for the little kids because we have so many books and other materials. And I especially have a huge amount just due to the number of years I’ve been in the game.

This week I’ve started back. I’ve spent 3-4 hours each day cleaning out much of my old teacher stuff and reorganizing the stuff I can’t part with. I’ve only made a small dent in all the stuff inside that classroom, but it feels great to be back and it feels great to start purging. Next week I need to get more serious about putting things in place for first grade. If I’m able to get the physical space ready, I’ll be less stressed and able to focus on my recovery. When I get back to work the week of the 31st there will be plenty of time for me to start planning the details of the day. 

When I was in the hospital recently I was despondent, feeling like I would not make it back to school after all. I could not imagine regaining my strength and energy in that short amount of time. But less than a week later I was in Dr. Kaplan’s office telling him I thought I could manage full time. My heart feels strong and I feel like I am on the healing path. I feel ready to take on my full time job. I just pray this upcoming surgery does not derail me for more than those 2 weeks. But, like I say these days, there are no guarantees for anyone, not for me and not for anyone.

With that in mind…go enjoy this weekend! It is here for you!
with love
janet


FRIDAY AUGUST 21    4:00
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT


We have the big shelter on the water at Lincoln Park (shelter #3) reserved for us to have a “Thank you to all our supporters party!” If you read this blog…you are invited! If you know one of those lovely people who have supported us this past year and don’t read the blog, please let them know they are invited, too.

Since my procedure is August 17th I’m only guessing I’ll make it to this event. We are keeping it simple, because really, when you are on the beach at Lincoln Park, you don’t really need much!

Here is what we’ll bring to share….

a cooler with kid friendly drinks (no alcohol in city parks)
plain water and some cut lemons and limes to make it fancy for you!
cups and napkins
dessert…cookies, brownies, cupcakes
we’ll also have briquets and start up one of the BBQ grills near the shelter

If you’d like to bring a picnic for dinner, bring it, you could include in that something to BBQ if you’d like.

Or you can just come by for some dessert…
Or you can just come by to visit and watch the sunset…

This continues to be quite a journey for our family. Reserving the shelter at Lincoln Park and a little time on a Friday afternoon is just a very small way to say thank you for helping us get through this year.

Hope to see you there!


5 comments:

  1. This is all so very great You are one strong woman and a fighter to be sure. I will be thinking of you all day on Monday. I can't come on Friday as my Dad has moved to Spokane (today) and next weekend is my weekend to help him get settled. See you soon. All my love. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I will be praying on the 17th and sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely event. We are sending you positive energy, bright light and quick healing for your upoming procedure. You are on our minds and in our hearts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely event. We are sending you positive energy, bright light and quick healing for your upoming procedure. You are on our minds and in our hearts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your support. Teresa, good luck in Spokane, I hope your dad settles in nicely. Marsena, thanks for all the good energy coming all the way from Texas! And Marcy, I'm hoping to see your lovely family on Friday. I have been thinking about you and wondering if you made the obliteride this year? We had talked earlier in the year about joining in...maybe next year. Hoping you are all well. xoxox

    ReplyDelete