Friday, July 31, 2015

Greetings on this hot summer evening!
I have only good news to report!

Yesterday we saw the cardiologist, Dr. Buckler. He was quite pleased with my progress and my numbers and was very encouraging about my future recovery. He explained that for my heart to recover it needs help from the meds and he alluded to the possibility that I won’t have to be on them forever (though I’m not counting on that…no hopes up too high!). For exercise, no aerobics…oh now that makes me sad…ha!! I can walk, do yoga or pilates but that’s about it for now. That suits me just fine! I’m to keep my sodium to less than 2000 g and not to drink more than 2 liters of fluids a day (that is the trickiest part right now!). He listened to my lungs and heart and heard no more leaking…everything sounds good. He wants to see me in 2 or 3 weeks. So! There you are…I’m recovering nicely I would say! 

Today I saw Dr. Kaplan, he also listened to my ticker and was quite pleased at how it was missing the leaking and the gallop. It sounds normal! He wants to see me 2 weeks after radiation, we had a little hug fest and then he sent us on our way!

Monday we see Dr. Osnis about how we proceed with radiation. I’ll let you know how it goes! 

Love to you all!
Stay cool!

Janet

4 comments:

  1. Janet, That's Great news! Glad to hear it. Stay cool... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news Auntie J. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, too, Lucy! Hope you are feeling fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, too, Lucy! Hope you are feeling fine!

    ReplyDelete