Monday, May 11, 2015

So much to be grateful for…
I’ve had such a full and fun week! My sister, Kathy, and her husband, Mickey arrived Tuesday afternoon and stayed through brunch yesterday. We packed a great deal of fun, food and relaxation into those days. We ate pizza: Delancey and Serious Pie. We road tripped it: LaConner and Whidbey Island. We spent time at the Pike Place Market on Friday and spent the entire day hanging out at our house on Saturday, enjoying the weather, the yard sale across the street and Lizzie and June our neighbors. Sunday, Mike’s mom, Dee, came over from Vashon and joined us for brunch. There were 8 for Mother’s Day brunch at Boat Street Cafe. What a fabulous and yummy time we had! I just wish my mom could have been here. After brunch we had a tearful goodbye to Kathy and Mickey. They are now enjoying a couple of days in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, then onto Yellowstone before finally making their way home to Boulder. It was great spending time with them and we hope to make it to Boulder in the near future!

I had such a difficult time enjoying myself through the winter holidays and my birthday and I better prepared myself for Mother’s Day.  First of all, I’m feeling pretty darn good…so that helps right up front. I have my wig so I look a little more normal and that makes me feel a little more normal. I took an ativan about 10:00 am to help take the edge off any anxiety I might have had and then celebrated with a Kir Royale. And it worked! I was able to just relax and enjoy the time together with family. And only cried when it was really appropriate to cry! 

After brunch we came home and sat around and relaxed with the kids and Dee.
Michael’s good friend Dylan came over with his mom and dad, Elizabeth and Phillip to watch Felix pitch a great game. Michael and Dylan were room mates for 3 years in college and played ball together. Unfortunately for us we did not really meet Elizabeth and Phillip until their senior year. They are a lovely couple, lovely people and Elizabeth is hilarious, she always makes me laugh. So, we had a great time hanging out, watching the Mariners and taking it easy. Finally, Dee went home to Vashon, Elizabeth and Phillip headed back to Portland and Michael and Dylan went to play catch for a while. Towards dinner time the kids rallied, went to the store and we ended up all pitching in to make kabobs for a late dinner. Somewhere in there Lizzy and June came over so we had a good baby fix for the day. All in all, it was a sweet day, one of the best mother’s day ever.
I’ll take it and keep that as a treasure.

Now, I just have to wait until Friday for that scan…Watch this space!

Love and Peace and Hope is what I’m feeling this week and sending to you…

Janet

P.S. My car is an '87 Camry with nearly 200,000 miles on it. I love it because it starts every time I turn the key, the heater warms it up quickly and we paid $1300 for it 8 or 9 years ago! But it was nasty, dirty; I was embarrassed to drive it. The pollen was dried like cement to the windows, doors, really all over the car. It needed more TLC than I had the energy to offer. Yesterday morning for mother's day the kids took it up to the car wash and cleaned it inside and out! Maggie even replaced the hanging origami peace crane which had broken off and molded. Now you will see me proudly riding through West Seattle in my shiny car! Thanks, kids! I so appreciate you cleaning up the Camry!




No comments:

Post a Comment