Monday, February 2, 2015

Well that was painful!
What a season to become a fan! I enjoyed the highs, I guess I have to sustain the lows. Oh well, there is always next year. Go Hawks!! 

We had a grand time though; full house with lots of good food and energy. Wilson did great. He definitely does not like loud sudden, surprising noises, so the highs of the games were challenging for him. But he handled it ok. He is truly a love and went to snuggle with anyone who had a blanket.  

Another good thing about Wilson…he does not like the rain. He doesn’t want to go for our usual long walk today and that suits me just fine! Thank goodness! We’ll get out a few times to take care of business, but this is a day to curl up and stay out of the weather, for me and the pup.

I’ve Survived the Xeloda! Last Tuesday I had my IV infusion chemos, as usual. Then Wednesday through Sunday, twice a day, with food and lots of water, I had to take 2 pills of Xeloda. Xeloda is one strong chemo drug and I can’t believe I took those things twice a day for 10 weeks. I can’t really describe how it makes me feel, but it is not very pleasant. I’m glad I could tolerate it (with the help of Ativan once or twice a day) and now we are hoping it is doing the cleanup work on the cancer cells. It has affected my usual Monday feel better pattern, though I do feel ok, I can still feel the Xeloda in my system. I’m drinking lots of green tea and water, taking it easy. 

I'm hoping for a little more sunshine and sending love to you all. 
Janet 


No comments:

Post a Comment