Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lots of Love coming my way!

It’s a funny thing how things work…At the beginning of this journey we received so many kindnesses in so many forms; too many to list. There was love and support sent in so many different ways. Then of course, as this became our new “normal” we’ve continued to receive a great deal of support, food, thoughts and prayers, but little trinkets and treasures stopped showing up as frequently. (Though we do get a regular delivery of FU cancer shrink dink salmon!!)

I feel like maybe I’m in a marathon (though I have no idea what that might feel like) and everyone around me knows it’s time for another dose of extra love. It started with the lovely words on the steps up to our house after chemo. It’s been followed by extra emails and cards and letters, plants and tea. There was a card from Jimmy (known to many of you as Wee Wee), from Colorado with $20 to get the biggest hot fudge sundae I could buy and then if there was a bit left, Mike could have a single scoop. Peggy (a former Pathfinder teacher friend) in California sent me a beautiful scapula from Mexico, thinking, like she did, I’d most likely worn the scratchy plastic scapulas in my Catholic school elementary days. Yes, I did, Peggy, this one, however, is so much more beautiful!  My dear friend from college who lives in Maryland, Mary Beth sent to me a book of Indian Wisdom that I had gifted to her years ago for her birthday…too many years to say!  Today Jessica and Brody dropped off some goodies that had been collecting on our desk at school from former Salmon students and a plant they had picked out for me. I just thought this was too cool, coincidental, that all this occurred in a manner of 5 days, I just had to mention it. You and the universe must know something! Thank you!

This week in between walking Wilson and doing a few chores around the house, I have been trying to take it easy. I’ve let myself have more couch time watching brainless TV and videos and just chillin. I recognize this pattern now and know I need these 5 days before I start feeling myself again. During these days I feel tingly and fuzzy and weepy and weak.
But Monday will come and that should pass.

Until then we are definitely looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow. Wilson and I will be holed up in our corner of the couch. I’ll be feeding him extra special treats as he learns to tolerate all the noises that are sure to be coming out of Mike and especially Michael. He is known for his outpouring of emotions during important games. I’ll be using this time to train and desensitize our new baby. The kids will be here with extra friends along, Betty, Gillian,  Mike, and Conor. It’s a good size group and I’m looking forward to the good energy!

Go Hawks!
And thanks for all your kindnesses!
Lots of Love your way...daily...
Janet




1 comment:

  1. I can't help noticing your wisdom, dear Janet. Always noticed it, but in writing it shines! Prayers and blessing coming you way. Hope Wilson was not too traumatized by that heartbreaking few seconds last night!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete