Friday, February 27, 2015

I made it through the xeloda, again. It was quite uncomfortable and generally yucky, but no gastrointestinal struggles, which is the main worry. I’m grateful that Dr. Kaplan has ordered a scan after only 2 rounds of chemo this time so that I do not have to take xeloda again unless there is clear evidence that it is doing something miraculous. In that case I’d take it happily and endure the discomfort. Otherwise, I don’t know that I could make myself swallow those things again. 

I have the crud. It started last weekend, just a little rumble in my chest. I’d cough now and then and think, “What is that? Where did that come from?” Since Sunday this crud has just taken giant steps each day into being a horrible cold! In my chest, throat and head…such a bummer. Just when I’m ready to be “good to go” after chemo I’m chopped down again with this cold. Next week I have something planned everyday. Not big things, necessarily, but things I’d really like to do. I hope this cold takes giant steps out of me over the weekend.

Yesterday Mike was worried about my lungs and possible pneumonia. He wanted me to go to the doc. I did not want to go (remember, I’m a toughie girl)…it’s just a cold. He and Carrie persuaded me to call Dr. Kaplan’s office and talk to them. When they heard my voice, they were like…oh yeah, you need to come in. So in we went. I had a blood draw and then we had a visit with Dr. Kaplan. My blood was good, no fever, my lungs were clear, too.  Dr. Kaplan said I had the dreaded G7. He’s my oncologist….I have to take the bait…”G7?”
Great green globs of greasy grimy gopher guts! What a goof! He told me to go home and drink tea with honey and have some Tillamook Mudslide ice cream (his favorite). I’ve had lots of tea with lemon and honey. But no ice cream…not very appealing while I’m coughing up all that G7!

I’m hunkered down completely letting myself into my current addiction of the BBC series Call the Midwife (it’s on netflix). I was keeping it to one episode a day, but with this cold and all, I’m not going to count! 

I have my scan next Thursday and I’ll let you all know how it goes. Until then…
Lots of love to you all

Janet

4 comments:

  1. I love Call the Midwife!! I hope you get better soon and can start walking Wilson more so that I can see you coming and going again. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jamet~so sorry to hear you have the crud! I hope you are drinking chicken soup with rice in addition to tea with lemon. Heal and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about G7, but it did make me laugh and sing the song out loud. Glad you found Call the Midwife. I LOVED it and was sad to see it end. Hoping you're feeling better and better each day. Thinking good thoughts and sending positive love, healing and light as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G7? Aaargh. I hope it is down to G3 today then to nothing by Saturday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete