Thursday, January 22, 2015

Good News, Again!!
It was really more than I could hope for that the chemo is continuing to shrink the tumors. But that seems to be the case! Hallelujah!
I had a scan at 10 this morning and got a call from Dr. Kaplan this afternoon. He told me the tumors on the stomach and the pancreas continue to be so small they are nearly unmeasurable. He said the ones on the liver continue to shrink. 
I said to him “I have so many questions about my future!”
He said, “I hope it involves a hot fudge sundae.”
Such a funny man!
Tomorrow we meet with him at 3:00 and will get more details. I just wanted to share my preliminary good news.
I feel so blessed and fortunate in so many ways! All of you have been here supporting me in your ways; soup or prayers or butterflies, books and cards and lots of love. I believe the chemo has a heck of a lot to do with these shrinking tumors, but I’ll not discount all the other forces at work.
love to you all
thank you for your part of the healing!
janet

ps omg i have had football on in my home my whole married life, seriously, and really never watched a game…only now am i watching it and thinking, dang, i wish there was a game this weekend…is this part of chemo brain?? i don’t think so!!

go hawks!

6 comments:

  1. WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy! Not about the football part, really, but all the rest is super swell- so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy about this wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still in shock here! Thanks to all emails, texts and replies here...a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - I will deliver a hot fudge sundae that fills the back of a pick-up. Keep it up!!
    Love Ya,
    Wee Wee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I need to leave my comment again!
    YEAH!!! I had been checking yesterday for the results! Celebrating for you and your family here! Love ya and keep up the good work!
    Marsena

    ReplyDelete