Friday, January 23, 2015

I am happy to report a few more details from Dr. Kaplan. He is thrilled with my progress…and of course so are we.

Basically there is no more visible cancer on the pancreas and stomach. There is a nodule and some calcification, but no visible cancer.
The liver has shown good progress this time. There is one tumor that is visible, but smaller than before and then one that sounds like it is more of just a shadow of a tumor…something like that, but mostly gone. Originally there were quite a few spots on the liver.

So really it is all about the gastric cancer on the liver. Just a little bit left. 

I said, “I’m really going to get rid of this and we’ll be done with chemo.”
He said, “I can’t make promises, but it looks that way.”
I said, “I’m going to get to go back to work!?”
He said, “That is likely.”

Of course there is no timeline...but I can see it on the horizon! I'm going to get my life back!!

I have my regular chemo on Tuesday and he is adding back in a very small dose of xeloda (my friend that sent me to the hospital for three and a half weeks back in September), just in case that is the poison that will take care of the tumors on the liver.

Then we talked ice cream, then we talked football (cause if you live in Seattle right now you really don’t go anywhere without talking football), then we left with big fat smiles on our faces!

So, time to celebrate! I could not have hoped for such a good scan. I am thrilled and so grateful that the chemo is working! This weekend we’ll start planning our trip to Ireland in hopes we’ll make it this year. I’m a believer!

Have a great weekend!
Love, love, love to you all.

Janet

8 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! That's great news Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a believer, too! So happy for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to read this my eyes are watering. Wonderful, wonderful, news. With all our love.
    Aly, Mike and John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! I feel your positive energy coming up from the beach! xoxo to you and the boys!

      Delete
  4. If the Seahawks can come back in a very short time from 19-7, you can certainly get rid of those last pesky liver tumors....I love you. Want to walk this afternoon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, too, Eddie! Sorry I missed you yesterday...text me next time! Today I'm in for chemo, chemo #9! So I'm down for the count for a few days....see you after that I hope! Xoxox

      Delete