Thursday, August 4, 2016


2 weeks later…finally!
Just got a call this evening from the Doc’s office, Merck came through and they are donating the Keytruda. This is especially good news considering that my insurance will be changing in October (as I move on to Mike’s insurance) and then again perhaps in November depending on how his open enrollment options look. I’m so relieved we don’t have to jump through insurance hoops every month. I'm so relieved I get to try immunotherapy. I'm so relieved I do not have to have chemotherapy again (not yet anyway!). My first treatment is Wednesday morning…Immunotherapy here I come! I can’t wait for my immune system to see those cancer cells for what they are. My immune system is going to freak out. My immune system is going to say, “What the hell is this? Where have these been hiding?” And then my immune system is going to kick some cancer ass!

My pain comes and goes. Sunday was by far the worst day of pain so far. Since then it has tapered off and I’m even sleeping 8-10 hours a night. It’s just been so very inconsistent and the source remains a mystery.

I have been practicing patience. Waiting for the call from the doctor to come in and waiting to start treatment. Waiting for the pain to come or go. Wondering what each day will bring. It’s been difficult to impossible to plan anything. Everyday I just have to see how I feel and what the day brings. Now the pain is less intense and less frequent and more manageable with the Tramadol. Now I know when treatment will begin. Now I can breathe freely.

This afternoon we opened our front door to see a beautiful pink dahlia plant in a clay pot. Gorgeous. There was a card and here is what it said:

“When Hope is heavy and hard to hold onto, 
let others hold you up~you are loved by many. 
Something bright and beautiful for your deck.”


No signature. No clue. Thank you mystery dahlia person. What a beautiful plant and what wonderful timing; I bet it was just an hour later that we got the call from the doctor. 

Thank you all for helping me hold onto hope. The universe is speaking. And, I have one more thing in common with the good man Jimmy Carter!

Holding you all in my heart tonight.
Thank you
With love

Janet

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear!

    Also living in the now is not easy but there is a great book out there called the power of now. Ordered off of the Amazon and I think it will be a great read for you!

    Love you Auntie J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved Jimmy Carter too! I've been reading some amazing things about immunotherapy and am so glad that worked out for you. The Loveless family is holding you in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, so glad this new drug is available for you. I am also praying it sees those stinking cancer cells and annihilates them!
    Love and prayers from Texas,
    Marsena😊💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, my friends. I appreciate you, your positive energy and prayers.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thinking of you and sending healing thoughts as you start your immunotherapy this week!! Take good care, Heather (and Randal, Kelton and Camille : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesssssss!!! We did not know this when we saw you on Sunday and are so happy to hear this news!!!!!!! Sending healing and more and more! What a great post. We are all here for you. Thanks for sharing it all with us. We love you!!! Bobby Fisher/Janet fish says hello and that she's/he's very happy in her/his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, my last two posts (maybe ALL my posts!) never showed up on your blog. I just want you to know how much you are in my mind & in my heart. I pray today is a painfree day and as you said, that Keytruda is kicking some cancer ass! Tonight a meteor will streak across the sky in your honor, sending hope and love for Janet.

    ReplyDelete