Friday, November 21, 2014

Good News A Day Early!



Right now it’s early Friday morning. I have a physical therapy appointment at 8:30 and then a few things planned for the day to help me keep my mind off the unknown. Our appointment to hear the scan results is late in the day, scheduled for 3:40 this afternoon.

So last night we decided to go out, Betty and Maggie and Mike and Me….out for, what I was calling, ignorance is bliss night! At one point I checked my phone and I had just missed a call from Dr. Kaplan. It was an ominous feeling…check the message or not…continue in ignorance. I would  have thought it was an appointment reminder, but it was so late in the evening. I had to check…

A very brief message, a very few words…"the scan looks good…all the tumors are continuing to shrink…I’m very happy…hang in there…" That was it, but really that was way more than we expected, good news, early!  We were overwhelmed! 

That is all I know for now. We’ll get the details this afternoon. I’ll let you know more sometime this weekend.

Michael and Eva are headed up. We might even fire up the pizza oven to celebrate, even in the rain!


I am not fighting this cancer alone. I can't believe how many people I see and hear from who are following along with us and praying for us (in all the different ways that people pray!).
Good job everyone! We are fighting the good fight!

Love to you all, 
Happy Friday!
Janet

1 comment:

  1. Great update my friend. Strong wishes coming your way from Denver.
    Fondly,
    Wee Wee

    ReplyDelete