Friday, November 21, 2014

A Lovefest



I still have not gone to the doctor’s today to get the details, but I just have to write a bit about the love fest that just happened! 

I decided I was ready to go check out Pathfinder. I literally had not been there since July when I was throwing things around trying to clean up from last year and get a few bits in order for Jessica. I was worried about my visit. I knew I would be overwhelmed with emotion, I just couldn’t picture how I could visit, not create havoc and come out without having a breakdown. I also planned it for today to keep my mind of my appointment this afternoon. (No need for that, though, I just get to be happy and think of it as part of my celebration of good news!)

It was awesome! Today is the last day before their Thanksgiving break (for the kids, teachers have conferences next week) AND it was their annual Elder Lunch day. So, I knew going into it that it was going to be a high energy day, full of distractions! So, why not go and just be one more distraction. My plan was to start in Sky Hall (the K/1 hall) and give hugs to my teachers, just peek in and spy a bit on my new group of kindergarteners (most of them don’t know me at all) and then if that was enough, I’d just sneak right back out. Well, that was so much fun, I decided to head on up to the office to find some more hugs. On my way up of course I ran into kids and parents (lots of volunteers for Elder’s Lunch), there were tears and hugs and it was just so great to see some of my former students. OK, now I’ll go…then I saw Scott heading out to recess with his class…I HAD to go hug them! So I went out to recess and saw lots of my kids (now 4th graders) and the 4/5 teachers. (Hi Thomas…sorry I missed you!!). Ok, now I have to go. I just kept seeing more and more people and before I knew it the 2/3 classes are heading down the steps. They include the second graders who were my last years first graders and their teachers whom I love! I got swept right into the cafeteria hugging aunties and grandmas and grandpas that I’ve met in the past, right along with teachers, parents and kids! Oh my goodness, did we have a hug fest! It was ridiculous in the best way!

I did not get to see everyone on my list but I finally just had to go. I’m just exhausted but in the best of ways! I’m so glad I went to see you, Pathfinder! I miss you terribly and hope to be back in the new year.

Love and Hugs to you all,

Janet

3 comments:

  1. I heard you were there, sorry to miss a hug but glad you graced everyone with your presence. Marley told me she saw you and I heard from many other mama's too, you created quite a buzz :). Sending more and more healing energy, prayers and miracles!!! You are truly amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella was so happy to see you!!
    Laura Staley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, Good for you and that sounds like a wonderful visit. We are thinking of you often and sending our love! Sandra, Rob and Carmen Gray

    ReplyDelete