Friday, August 4, 2017

August 4th

Happy Hot Summer!
We look forward to them so much and then quite readily are ready for them to be done!
I like to get warm to the bone, for sure, but I also really really need to cool off.

I am having a difficult time figuring our "where I am" on my life to death continuum and it is even more difficult to communicate that to others.  In addition it is a fine line between being honest with oneself, with others and with keeping my head in or out of the sand. No one has a real time line for me.  No one has a real time line for anyone unless they are moving quickly to their death. Then it is a little easier to predict the timing.

I am under the care of hospice and have been since before my family was here. I had oxygen when my family was here but had no other assistive devices. Now I have a shower chair, a hospital bed, a nurse, Teddy who I see once a week, an OT I've seen just once but will see weekly for a little while. I see a social worker. I have a massage therapist but only get to see her 4 times total.

After my family left I went to see nearly every one of my doctors and hospice folk, as well as a new physiologist who is unique, wonderful, and a new hero for me.

I've had a lot of med changes which put me through a big spin and lots of emotions and struggles. I THINK AND HOPE all that struggle is settling down now.

First, I am NOT on my death bed.  I get up every day and do most of my own self care though Mike helps me with a few things, mostly anointing myself with essential oils nearly all over my body, thank you my Gilroys for all my oils!

I am still eating and feeding myself though I am easting less and less, which can be so very sad, like when we had French Night last night and I did not physically have room for all the food.

I mostly plan and organize my day though I'm having trouble with some executive functioning skills.

My struggles include fatigue, extreme fatigue like dozing off now and then as I am typing right now. Some days when I wake up I literally want to go right back to bed. I can balance and walk though only a short distance. I use a walking stick or a wheel chair when we are out and going a great distance.

I have a hard time following my own train of thoughts, I have trouble with memory. I cannot possibly keep up with texting or emailing, I am not replying most of the time. When I try it feels like I am drunk texting...not that I would really know what that feels like!

I have pretty big case of adema and there is no where for the fluid to go, so I am back to a low sodium, low fluid diet. No good to be limited fluids on these hot days.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the love I am receiving from my family and close friends who are very respectful and understanding when I say I cannot see them and also when they are here making me laugh so hard and helping me do the simplest of things, like Maggie sitting here right now ready to fix this post up for me. I am so fortunate that it is the summer and I get to have my family around so much.

Thank you all for your love and understanding and support. You are helping to keep me alive. For real.

I love you
We love you
Janet

Photos from French Night











27 comments:

  1. O most precious Janet. Your words are so honest and clearly honoring those you love you most. I am so thankful to be included on this journey with you. I offer you all my love and prayers for continued peace and support. We are in Spokane now but would come in a moment if I could help in anyway. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave and beautiful. Thank you for showing us how to live with grace, compassion, and gratitude. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words, beautiful family, beautiful food, beautiful soul...tu es belle, mon chéri!

    Kay Hermann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you sweet Auntie J!!!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you good thoughts, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet - you are such an inspiration to us all. You deserve every bit of the love you are receiving.
    Tons of love, well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers from Colorado.
    Love,
    Wee Wee
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Tracy said for sure and we Westerpeeps LOVE you and love that you are present and being and living and experiencing and French night looks like it was tres fab.
    Hang in there while you can and hang out with whomever you want and hang it up when you feel like it and hang your head when you are sad and hang up when you are tired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love you so much Janet. Thank you so much for keeping this blog. I guess being so loved can be burdensome and you carry load like not many people I have encountered. You are light in this universe. Love your sassy photos of French night! xoxo- Lisa & Steve And Abby & Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending tons of love from beautiful Ballard.
    Missa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet you are in some special hands. Teddy and I have worked together. He is a gift. Sending you love and air.
    Lashanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. French night looks awesome-complete with occasion-appropriate chapeaux! Thanks for the pix and the update. Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, I agree so much with what everyone else has said. You are truly a remarkable person and are loved by so many - including the Woodwards! Thinking of you and sending love, support, and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Le Pichon strikes again!! French Night looks like so, so much fun!! I hope you guys made it to the movie phase haha. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love you ❤💓💕💖

    ReplyDelete
  15. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    healing light
    xoxoxoxoxoxox
    love
    xoxoxoxoxoxox
    comfort
    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    we visualize peace and comfort for you every day.
    We love you, MG4 (marley, malia, mark n marcy)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janet,

    Love to you. Love love love love love. Love to you.

    Aran, Ryan, Brendan and Jodi Connolly

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sending our love to you from out east Janet. Your strength and grace still comes through so strong in your writing. Keep shining your light! Love, Amy Patrick and baby Sage

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love you Janet and thinking of you and your family. Marco B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Janet,

    Wanted to thank you for sending the photos of the girls when they were Salmon. What happy memories!

    And also wanted to thank you for helping to shape them so many years ago. They are both thriving. Ginny is at Raisbeck and has earned a 4.0 every year since 6th grade. I enjoy having adult conversations with her about politics, history and current events. Phoebe I call my little empath. She knows my feelings before I do. She has a nice circle of friends and most will be with her at WSHS.

    We are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We love you Janet!

    xxoo
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Much love and light to you and your family! While our kids never sat in your classroom, your presence is part of the Pathfinder experience. Thank you for sharing your journey and continuing to share this precious time with us.
    We appreciate you more that words can express.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength and grace are amazing... You are Amazing! We love you Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun French-inspired evening! And the food looks delicious! Janet, you, your family (that includes Betty) and all who love you are in my prayers and thoughts daily. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
    Love and prayers,
    Maraena💗

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Janet! We Raven ladies are thinking about you so much and feeling so grateful for the light in your life. Etta May is starting kindergarten this year, can you believe that?! As we turn to walk down that hallway I think of seeing your face and hearing your voice with all those kiddos. What an amazing teacher you continue to be to all of us. You are a badass friend, sending you so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thinking of you today especially Janet, and sending love and peace. You have had such a special place in our family's heart since Salmon Clan 2000 and we are all better because you were in our life, especially when we really needed it! :) I hope you get an Irish night soon, complete with Guiness and corned beef cabbage - hee hee.

    Lots and lots of love and light,
    The Daly-Donovans

    ReplyDelete
  26. The French Night looked like so much fun. Lot's of love from the Lehmann family. Simone is starting Kindergarten this year and she was bummed about not having you as a teacher. I explained it's not a Salmon year anyway so she'll felt a bit better about it. She'll be a Bat, a Turtle or a ??? we get a third K class this year but I don't know its name. We'll find out Monday at the beginning of jump start.
    Arielle is super inquisitive as ever and we went to a bunch of National Parks the past two weeks the kids got jr. ranger badges at all of them and at Yellowstone also did the jr. scientist program. This included taking measurements of the hot springs with an infrared thermometer. They both loved it lots. We always say we'll send postcards and never do so this is kind of an electronic postcard of sorts.
    Arielle misses you lots and little things remind her of her time as a Salmon.

    Big (but gentle) hugs!
    Cecelia and family

    ReplyDelete