Wednesday, June 14, 2017

We have so many of you to thank for your outpouring of love and support. Thank you for each text, email, card and post to the blog. We feel you support.

It’s not an easy time for sure. We went to see Dr. Kaplan last Thursday. As the shock of the scan was settling we were better able to listen and hear what he had to say. Neither of his options are good for me. Both of them are a long shot with 10-20% chance of fighting the cancer but they have a better chance of harming me. I might have gone along with one if they were not targeting my already vulnerable points. One is hard on your heart and one is hard on your digestive system. I’ve already been compromised quite a bit in those two parts of my body. Dr. Kaplan supports ending treatment rather than putting myself through either of those options. We agreed.

The kids encouraged me to seek out another oncologist for another opinion. I don’t think I would have done this without their urging but now I am so glad we are. I have an appointment next week with the doctor from Fred Hutch/Seattle Cancer Care who Gaby raved about so much. Gaby’s daughter facilitated our introduction so we were able to get in a little faster than usual, I think. They are gathering all of our records and biopsies from Swedish. I think it will be good to have someone outside Swedish take a look at the problem. I am not counting on anything really, but it is worth a shot.

In the meantime Mike and I saw Dr. Standish and Breanna on Saturday. She talked to us very openly and honestly about death and dying. She framed it all in such a beautiful way. All four of us were sitting close to each other in this tiny, funky office, crying while this healer lead us through a topic that is so hard for people to talk about. We also of course talked about what to do to help my body build itself back up.

Friday, Carrie Rose came over with a doctors box of possible healing remedies. And my sister texted me a list of essential oils to try topically as well as some to take internally. Dr. Standish made a list of about 4 things to do now including the essential oils from Kathy and the green drink and mushroom combo from Carrie. So thank you Kathy and Carrie for your positive input. 

Originally I was going to be doing an IV infusion of curcumin but their source for that has dried up and they do not know when it will be back in stock. So, no IV for me for now, maybe down the line.

If Dr. V at Cancer Care has something promising I will hop back on the poison boat, if not I am feeling really good about keeping toxins out of my body and letting it have a chance to get strong. I will let you know how that appointment goes.

Thank you all for your loving, caring support.
Love from all of us

Janet

12 comments:

  1. Love you!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. We are thinking of you... much love from the Hisatomi family 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet! ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷. We are all loving you so hard right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janet - You are incredible. You have a special gift in communicating your personal journey. Even though we have not met, I think of you daily and when I do, I envision your face in full smile with beautiful eye crinkles framing your eyes. You emanate light as you inspire others to stay in the game and if life hands you adversity, make "lemonaid". Love to you and to Mike. Kay Hermann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update - thinking of you always and sending love to you, Mike and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, hugs and prayer from Texas to all the O's!💗🙏💗🙏💗🙏💗🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,
    All the hugs and love. It was so good to see you on field day and I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Janet, Thank you for your honesty and courage. You are facing the hardest questions in life and doing so with such openness and courage. I am so glad you have Mike by your side, and I am equally glad your body is getting a rest from the toxins that have ravaged it. I'm sorry to hear the Curcumin isn't available right now but glad you are seeking other options. I love you Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Janet: Wishing you, Michael and your family the best as you travel this challenging journey.
    Continue to think of you daily and you are in our prayers. Cousin John and Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you Aunt Janet ��

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you. Good thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you. Good thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete