Tuesday, June 6, 2017


I had a scan yesterday that gave us less than favorable news. My tumors are growing, new tumors are forming, taxol and cyramza are not working (well they are working very well at making me sick and tired!) Dr. Kaplan has given us a couple of options: CPT11 or Adriamycin. Mike and I are doing our research today and trying to figure out if I can tolerate either of these. I already spoke with Dr. Standish this morning and she has a plan for me. It starts with a chemo break (which I so desperately need). Very soon I'll be adding IV curcumin and perhaps in a few weeks try one of the chemos with an IV Vitamin C. She is always full of hope and remedies. I also talked to her about thc/cbd. I take a small drop to help me sleep at night, and it does. She is suggesting that I take a drop during the day to see how I tolerate it, and if I do, to slowly increase the amount for it's anti cancer purposes.

In the meantime Mike's toe is healing nicely. We went to see his foot doc, Dr. Labella, yesterday and we got to see his big toe in all it’s glory! Quite a sight. But it was the right thing to do and it is going to be a good big toe for him in no time!

Okay, we need all the prayers and positive energy we can get as we gather info and figure out how to proceed.
We feel you all around us, holding us up.

Lots of love

Janet

15 comments:

  1. Sending Love, Prayers, and good energy from all of us here! It's a cold rainy day here, and Morelli, Cookie, Smokey and I are all sitting on the bed together thinking of you and sending hugs and hope!
    XOXOXO
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending huge hugs and positive energy your way!! This is just a small set back on your road to recovery! You are stronger then your cancer❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you daily and sending all the good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, sending you big fat LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,
    I anxiously awaited your report. I am sorry it was not what we hoped to hear but it sounds like your team has several alternatives up their white lab coat sleeves! Prayers doubling up and being sent your way. You are remarkably strong and surrounded by a host of people who love, pray and send you positive energy. Hang in there girl! Love you, Marsena๐Ÿ’—๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear friend, I'm sending you heaps and heaps of love. I just remembered wibbly bits! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspire us all with your strength, spirit and perseverance, Janet. Keep up the good fight and remember how much love you have all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, We are thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way. You are so strong and I hope that you get all the information you need to make a good decision. Much love from the Hisatomi's๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending our love your way! (You did a great job in the Bastyr video.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much love and hope for healing and strength from the Bocchettis. Marcus was thrilled to see you at Lou's run and I know you got to exchange some healing hugs with your kiddos. Thinking of you often. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. visualizing healing, ease and comfort for you. Just catching up on your posts. Please know that you are in our hearts and we are sending over-flowing love and light to you and your family. Fierce fighter woman extraordinaire, thats You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is way out of bounds. But then, you know no boundaries. Visualizing those damaged, deranged cells healing in a warm ocean of love that we are all sending to you. Courage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet-All my love and support of strength and peace as you approach this next hurdle. You are strong and focused. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious Janet! I just watched the Video you were a part of-I'm so glad you have such a stellar group handling your care. And you are still as cute as a Winnie the Pooh character! Sending your way:much love and positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete