Wednesday, April 19, 2017

We are calling it a win…
After a CT scan mid day and a long wait until it was time to see Dr. Kaplan we got better than bad news, so we are calling it good news.
He referred to the scan in January as showing the cancer “exploding.” In February, while in the hospital with side effects of chemo the scan showed that the chemo was working a bit…not a big reduction, but the tumors were smaller than January. Now, most of the tumors are the same size as they were in February. A few have grown by 10-20% but most of them look the same. 
Mostly not bigger, at this point, we’ll take that!
Not surprisingly he is suggesting that, if I’m up for it, to increase the dose a bit, not a lot, and not more frequently, just up the amount a bit. Well, hell yes. I’ve come this far. I’m fighting the fight. 

Friday I hop on a plane to KC to visit family. Now that this scan is “good” I get to be excited about this trip. And I am. I’ll be back next Thursday and back to work at Swedish on Friday. I've let the keto diet go but will get back to it after this trip. Too much sugar in BBQ sauce to be in ketosis!

Thank you all for your unwavering love and support.

Janet

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip and the mommy hugs. Good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen. Love to you and Mike and the girls. Hope you are all doing well this wet and chilly spring! Janet

    ReplyDelete