Thursday, April 13, 2017

Here we are
3 more chemos down and a scan to go. This time of the treatment schedule is a little like limbo. Just waiting to know what the scan will tell us. I am more hopeful than I’ve been in a while, but I’m not counting on great results. I’m having symptoms that I just can’t ignore. Hopefully they are side effects from chemo rather than the cancer talking. Time will tell. Breathe in and breathe out. As Thich Nhat Hanh would say, “Breathe in, I know I’m breathing in. Breathe out, I know I’m breathing out.”

The scan is  on Wednesday, then Friday I’m headed to KC to visit my mom and brothers. Kathy and Mickey and Amy and Lucy are driving out from Colorado, and of course I have many aunties and cousins to visit! I’ve warned my mom and sister that I am super low energy. Most of the time I feel like I’m wearing a ton of bricks distributed across my body. Feels like anemia, but it is not. It’s either the cancer or the chemo??? It will be a challenge to make a trip to KC, but I’m doing it. Getting to fly Alaska non stop really helps. Great airline and easiest way to KC.

Keto diet is still the thing. I got into the swing of it and it became easier over time. I fasted before and after chemo yesterday, and hopefully the cancer cells swallowed that chemo right up! I’m backing up from full keto starting today. Nothing drastic, just letting a few more veggie/fruit carbs down the hatch. I definitely will not be full keto in KC so thought I better ease off rather than an over night change. I have very good intentions of staying near keto in KC, but we’ll see…that is no easy task! I’m talking BBQ, of course!

Hope you all got to get out and enjoy this beautiful spring day. Michael came over and Mike and I worked with him outside all morning…benefits of steroids!

Short and sweet today, I know that is not like me. 
Love to you all

Janet

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip back to KC. Hoping your energy returns soon. WE love you so much!!! You're our hero! I signed up for the Obliteride again (year 5) and will be proudly riding with your name on my jersery, such an honor!
    We adore you. MG4 (marcy, mark, malia and marley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marcy! Ride on, my friend! Thank you for riding for me, I'll be right there with you. Love sent back to all of you!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete