Thursday, April 6, 2017

At this very moment I am sitting in our dining room, reading about my new favorite topic: the ketogenic diet. I look up and out at our birdhouse attached to the deck and witness bird love.💙

Now they are fluttering in and out and back and forth with bits and pieces working on their nest.
Mama bird is peeking out of the house, checking out the view.
Papa bird is on the ledge checking his point of view.
The sun is breaking through the clouds.
They're love birds!


Yesterday I wanted to share Mark Nepo's April 5th entry from The Book of Awakening. It too is about spring...here is a bit of what he said.

April 5
The Courage of the Seed

What a powerful lesson is the beginning of spring.  All around us, everything small and buried surrenders to a process that none of the buried parts can see. And this innate surrender allows everything edible and fragrant to break ground into a life of light that we call spring. 

In nature, we are quietly given countless models of how to give ourselves over to what appears dark and hopeless, but which ultimately is an awakening that is beyond all imagining. 

As a seed buried in the earth cannot imagine itself as an orchid or hyacinth, neigher can a heart packed with hurt imagine itself loved or at peace. The courage of the seed is that once cracking, it cracks all the way.


This is not the entire passage, but it is the part that speaks to me. I try to imagine the cancer cells breaking away, being swept away and my healthy cells blooming and taking over their rightful place in the garden.

I am coming to peace with keto. I still spend a good deal of time on my app, working out what I can and can't eat to work towards ketosis. I'm committed to staying on it through chemo next week. The following week I have a scan. At that point everything is up in the air waiting for scan results.

The clouds are back, the bird couple flew off a few minutes ago. I'm glad I was here to witness that bit of spring.

At least to some parts of the country I say Happy Spring. To you guys way up there or way over there, it will come!!
With love,
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Great job Auntie J!! You can do it!! I hope it does what it is suppose to do!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet. I've been following your blog and rooting for you! I have a BC friend who is doing the keto diet along with conventional treatments for brain mets. She's doing really well with it. Xoxoxo

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita! So good to see you on my blog. Thank you for that information. I'm going to contact you by email to see if there's anyway you could hook me up with your friend so I could ask her a few questions. I hope you're well and having a good school year. Take good care! Janet

    ReplyDelete