Sunday, March 12, 2017


Rebuilding and Healing
That has been my goal this week. 
Rebuilding my stamina and strength,
Healing my heart and soul.

I use this word frequently…slog. It has been a slog. I picked that word up as we hiked up the cliffs near Kilkee in Ireland. As I huffed and puffed my way up someone said to me, “It’s a slog, isn’t it?” I’ve held on to that word and used it liberally. Yes, it is a slog.
I have been persistent on the treadmill and with some easy yoga  and my meditation. I’ve been consistently but slowly progressing my diet, eating lots of protein, but still low fiber all around. It’s a slog, but I’m not giving up.

Tomorrow is my next chemo. Haven’t had chemo since early February! I feel the tumors growing so I am anxious to get back on the poison. I think my stomach is ready to take it but I fear the little energy I have is at risk. Last time I spoke with Dr. K the plan was 1/2 dose every other week. We’ll see if I can tolerate that amount and if that amount is enough to fight the beast.

Mike's toe is well healed! No big bumps in that road. This week he has a second opinion on his knee and may be getting meniscus surgery on Friday. We have his sister Carrie to help us that day and the kids on board for the weekend. I'm calling us a Series of Unfortunate Events...but this is enough! Wouldn't you agree!

I braved the world (ok, just West Seattle) last night. I put on Jathy and we went to the Admiral Theatre to see Hidden Figures. What a fabulous movie and a story that needed to be told. Don’t think I would have done it without Jathy. She gives me the super power of not looking or feeling so very sick!

Here are some pictures I meant to post last week…

Thank you all for emails, notes, visits and love and support from near and far.

We send our love back to you!
Janet



Kathy and me in 2013 smooching on her grandson, Hunter...very smoochable baby!!



Kathy's hair a couple of weeks ago.



Kathy's hair cut!

So cute and sassy!


Me and Jathy!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow sweet Auntie J!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janet,
    I accidentally but fortunately reconnected with Maggie via text tonight...what a cool surprise! So glad you are blogging! I'm definitely with ya! ❤️ Marcia (Berenter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Janet, I hope you slept well or better yet are still sleeping. I hope the chemo you had yesterday is doing it's important work without causing pain to your gut. Hope, hope, hope. And good cheer! Jathy is definitely good cheer! She looks wonderful on you. Totally natural. Because she is! Sending sunlight and love🌞

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of your hair! And so sweet of your big sister to do this for you! I keep praying and sending positive thoughts you way!
    Love, Marsena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Beautiful hair - your story about your sister giving you Jathy is amazing.

    ReplyDelete