Sunday, June 28, 2015

We had a great time in Portland last weekend. It was a mini-vacation to help us get ready for our big vacation. It was good to get away. Portland really has so many yummy restaurants and we found our way into a few of them. But the highlight was hanging out with friends watching Michael play baseball on Father’s Day. What a treat! Maggie’s down there this weekend doing the same thing. I’d never spent much time in Portland until the kids lived there. It has been fun over these years visiting them now and then, but I have to say, I’m so excited they’ll both be in Seattle soon.

I haven’t talked too much about Wilson lately….He has been a LOT of work recently. He has many anxieties and as soon as we started opening up the house  this spring his anxieties really flared up. Way too much barking! We’ve been trying to desensitize him to the noises, working on lots of praise and practice and training. We’re using the thunder shirt, clicker training, homeopathic anti-anxiety drops and jumping through all kinds off hoops. We were about at our wits end last week and got him on doggy prozac. On the other hand he can be the most cuddly pup around! So, fingers crossed this helps the little guy loose some of that anxiety. And thank you Betty for going the extra mile for him during your dog sitting time with him

It’s a canniversary….(thank you Eddie for that term)
It was a year ago today that I went into the hospital and our lives began to change so drastically. It has been so surreal. I feel like our lives have been hijacked and we’re just trying to get home. And now, we might be close and yet there is really no way to know for sure. Every scan has been good news…how lucky can I be! I just have to believe that this next one will follow the same pattern. But I’ll be leaving that all behind because in three days we give Ireland another go…it feels like a victory over cancer to be able to take the trip that was so abruptly taken from us. Maybe not the ultimate victory over cancer, but a victory, for sure! I’m looking forward to the moment we take off and I’m just going to watch cancer waving good-bye to us from the tarmac. I’m going to do the best I can to just leave it all behind and enjoy Ireland. I’ll be lifting a pint of Guinness to you all. “Slainte!”
See you in a couple of weeks!
Love to you all

Janet

1 comment:

  1. I believe the term was cancerversary and I am LOVING your photos from Ireland. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete